BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 06, 2011

TYBEE ISLAND!

We arrived at Tybee Island, took the elevator to our condo, walked out on our balcony, and this was our view! We had hoped that the water would be calmer there than at Virginia Beach so that the kids could actually swim, and it was. There were just enough waves for the kids (and Daddy!) to enjoy boogie boarding, but also just enough, especially on the first night, for me to enjoy just floating. It was heavenly. Having the pool right downstairs was luxury, too. One afternoon while the kids were resting, I went down to the pool and ended up FALLING ASLEEP on the float for about an hour. It's a good thing Daniel sprayed me with 100 SPF before I went down. :)

Nathaniel loved Tybee Island!
Our condo was REALLY spacious - we felt utterly spoiled for a week. The kids also had - gasp! - televisions in their own rooms! :) The girls watched HGTV and the boys watched whatever channel has hunting (is it called the hunting channel?).
I got up early a couple of days to go running, and the sunrises were always worth it.






The kids are ready to boogie board!
The Houseworth matriarch and girls: My handsome man, who spent so much time in the water that he always came out pruny. He also endured quite a few jellyfish stings. Ouch!
Look at my cute bathing suit! I actually LIKE A BATHING SUIT! I paid full price for it because I liked it so much. That's unheard of. I can't say much for my hair, though. It's the return of "beach hair," a scary phenomenon.
What a RELAXING vacation...sitting in my chair with my feet in the water and watching my husband and kids having a ball. ("Got my toes in the water, toes in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand..." - actually I didn't have a beer, but that song kept going through my head anyway)
Shiloh took these pictures when she and the girls got up early to go walking on the beach by themselves. Sister bonding is a wonderful thing.
Cora found a live sand dollar!
Shiloh was trying to be artsy...
We went into Savannah one day to do some sightseeing. The temperature was actually bearable for August in Savannah. We couldn't go the fountain at Forsyth Park because American Idol was filming there and kicked everyone out. One day was not enough to do Savannah justice. We look forward to future visits.
This picture is in conjunction with a Jackson funny saying. He commented, "Look, Daddy, those are HUGE shipping tupperwares!" He meant shipping CONTAINERS, of course. :)
This was taken along Water Street.
My sweet girl enjoying vacation...
This one's for you, Mom - it's "The Lady and Sons!" I didn't see Paula, though, to tell her "hey" from you.


Jackson was a little tired of walking at this point, but he was trying to be a good sport for his mama.

We went for a night swim and night walk.
Abigail is simply adorable.
Cora was a little tired of the jellyfish, so she opted for a sand castle.
We came upon this sand castle as we took our night walk...we were impressed!
More pictures from Shiloh trying to capture the beauty of the sky.

I loved the architecture of Savannah. We went into town on Sunday to attend Independent Presbyterian. (oxymoron, right? :) It was historical, so they were allowed to keep the name)
The spire of Independent Pres.
Believe me, Daniel fit right in with his bowtie on Sunday morning. These people DRESSED for church. I saw lots of seersucker, smocked dresses, sailor suits, and ladies with 3 inch heels. It was an awesome thing to behold - the South on a Sunday. Later, we gathered at the "summer" location on one of the islands surrounding Savannah for the evening service and gumbo afterward. :) Oh, and we weren't served butter with our bread - we were served homemade pimiento cheese, naturally. If it weren't for the fact that I would miss our mountains, I would move there. (And also - Savannah kinda smells funny. It's the salt marshes. Phew.)

Loved these windows!!


Shots from the bridge as we went back to Tybee.
Shiloh took this cheesy shot. We were enjoying adult beverages after an evening swim. :)
Last morning. :( We went for one last walk on the beach to say goodbye. I think we'll be back.





Nathaniel doesn't look like he wants to go home. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful pictures and, hey, great news. we'll be renting the condo right next to yours when you return next summer. those ARE screams of delight, right? right??
;-)
love to all from opa and oma