BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Celebrating Cora Milene

We get to double the celebration today! I don't get to celebrate with Cora since she's still at the farm, but I got to hear her excited voice today. She got a book on rat care from Daniel's mom so that she'll know what to do when she gets her rat. :) She also got the Guardians of Ga'Hoole movie and some cute owl decals for her wall. About two years ago she was into bugs; this year it's owls. :) She learns an amazing amount of information when she becomes interested in something!

Here are some things you should know about Cora:
- Her hair is almost down to her waist and she has a beautiful smile
- She was so chubby as a baby that we called her Chubbo until Shiloh started calling her Chubbo, too; then we stopped :)
- She was my favorite baby because she was so EASY - she actually napped when she was supposed to, smiled, and was content for more than five minutes at a time
- She loves to read, and she has my habit of reading her favorites over again - even if she's just finished
- She would prefer to ONLY eat starches - rice, bread, pasta - all good in her eyes
- She loves the Lord and we love to see her growing in grace; she is also practically an expert on Pilgrim's Progress
- Just like Adah, she loves babies. I mean, she LOVES babies. She can't wait to babysit for real, and she's already come up with a name for her babysitting service with Shiloh: "Sister Sitters"
- She chooses good friends
- She will chat with anyone and she's the most outgoing of our bunch
- She likes science and math - those genes skipped Daniel and me :)
- She's my tender-hearted girl, and I'm praying for a man who will love that about her
- Cora Milene was not supposed to be a girl (in my head) and I couldn't be more happy that I was wrong. God knew our family needed just this girl.

Happy 11th Birthday our sweet Cora Milene! We love you!








Couldn't this be a Norman Rockwell painting?






















I can't do a post from the past without including this video. It's my absolute favorite of my adorable Cora.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

opa and oma are doing the happy dance in celebration of you, CORA! happy 11th birthday. we love you just the way you are, we love you no matter what, and we love you forever.

Mary said...

I loved the post. Happy Birthday Cora! :)