In a moment of weakness, I agreed to let Cora get a rat for her birthday. She had done MUCH research on rats and decided they would be a good pet. :) Since kittens hadn't worked out that well for us (sadly), Daniel thought this might be a good idea. She has to be solely responsible for them, however, because I can't bring myself to touch them or clean out their cage. Here they are in all their glory - beware, Mom!
Emma is on the left and Carla is on the right. (Carla, you ask? Yes - it's a name from the book series, "The Penderwicks," I'm told. :) ) We ended up with two rats because I looked on Craigslist and a lady was selling two WITH a cage for a great price. When the two older girls went with Daniel to pick them up, they also almost liberated a basset hound named Mindy from the home. Are they trying to give me a heart attack??
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Birthday Rats?
Posted by Casey at 4:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
seriously, did you have to do CLOSE-UPS?? and the picture of the rat crawling out of cora's sleeve will give me nightmares for months. other than that, very cute. ;-) if cora's happy then i'm happy. from a distance. of about 300 miles. or the bunker room in your house. with the door locked. tell cora that oma--gulp--likes her new friends.
Post a Comment