BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Celebrating Early and a Sisters' Slumber Party

Because Cora and Adah would not be together for their birthday and they REALLY wanted to celebrate together somehow, we decided to have an impromptu party the Friday before they left to go to Tennessee and Ohio respectively. All four girls went ice skating together, and then we returned home to have cake and ice cream with Daniel before he had to go to a Cub Scout leader's meeting. Cora will have a cake at Daniel's parents' house while she's there, so Adah got to choose a cake. She chose carrot cake with mocha cheesecake ice cream. (What is it with my children and their weird combinations? Remember Abigail's red velvet cake and mint chocolate chip ice cream??) Cora just wanted some little brownie bites from Kroger so she could blow out a candle. We had our small celebration and THEN had dinner - pizza. Boy, I was setting new records for lack of nutrition that night. And it gets better! Scroll down and you'll see what was on the menu for the sisters' slumber party that night. They took their pizza downstairs to the guest room along with some Sprite and popcorn. It's amazing they didn't get sick. :) They played around and watched "Sense and Sensibility." That's really all I know about the slumber party. I went to bed. :) We didn't open any presents yet, so the birthday celebrations will continue once Adah arrives home. Cora has to pick out her present since it's a...rat. Yeah. I know. I'm a little crazy in the head for agreeing to this. Kittens haven't worked out too well for us, so we're trying this. I have made it very clear that I AM NEVER TOUCHING IT.

Okay, on with the pictures:

Abigail REALLY, REALLY wanted to eat those sugar things on top, and then she was really sorry when she did. I tried to warn her.



What a feast!
Felicity was invited to the party, I guess.
Wherever Abigail goes, her stuffed dog Cupcake goes. She even used her own money to buy that dog a sparkly collar.
Abigail is trying to get the very last dregs of popcorn. :) (I didn't take these pictures - Shiloh and Cora documented it for me since I wasn't invited.)
Cora and Adah are playing with the birthday balloons down in the basement.

0 comments: