BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Belated Birthday Post

I'm trying something new and posting a slideshow I made. Who has a better provider for free slideshows where I can use my own music? This music is really lame, and the song I planned to use is much more fun. I think Smilebox also won't let me use a full-size slideshow without paying money. Hmmph. Pay money? For something I KNOW I can find free somewhere else?

But, I already created this one, so we'll stick with it. I'll get better at this; I promise. :) I had three birthdays to catch up on since my blog-fast. Jackson turned 5 in September. That's right - that means I last had a baby 5 years ago. That's just weird. Jackson is maturing so much in recent months that it's just amazing to see. I love seeing his personality blossom and develop even more. I love spending time with him and watching what he picks out at the library. I love hearing how he sticks up for his sister in PE class. I love his adorable smile and blue eyes. I love his easygoing attitude combined with his pretty awesome temper (it's a strange combination, I know). What a man he will be one day!

Adah turned 7 in November, the same day Cora turned 9, but they were separated this year. Adah sweetly asked me, "Mommy, will you still put up signs for me even though Cora is not here?" (I was then in a puddle on the floor - OF COURSE I'LL PUT UP SIGNS FOR YOU!!) It makes me realize that almost two years home is still not enough time to fully convince her that she is just as precious and just as loved as all the other members of our family. Don't worry, Adah - I plan on continuing the fight to convince you AS LONG AS IT TAKES. My Adah has a GREAT sense of humor. She is the silliest kid in the family, she is always ready to laugh, and she cheers people up when they're down. I love to snuggle with her, I love to go through our elaborate good-night-kiss-ritual (although not on the lips, of course), and I love listening to her tell me stories about what she's reading because it means she wants to share it with me. I like to hang out in the kitchen with her when we cook because we do our best talking then.

The biggest kid in the birthday round-up just turned 9. OH, my sweet Cora. I MISSED HER so much on her birthday. Cora-Dora-Fedora is adorable. There's just no other word for her. She's lovely physically, but she's even more lovely on the inside. She truly cares about other people and is the first to give you a hug when you need it. She is the best nurturer I've ever seen. She sees things in the world that I don't see because she takes the time to look. When it seems that she's daydreaming, she's really thinking, and then she'll come out with some great question or statement. She has a great giggle. She makes everyone around her feel loved.

My children, if you read this someday, know that your mommy appreciates each one of you for who you are. I love you so much, and I am so blessed to be your mommy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Birthday Post
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

0 comments: