BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Banquet

On the way down to the farm, Daniel and the girls stopped in Knoxville to attend a special banquet. David's (my stepfather's) dad was being inducted into the Tennessee Newspaper Hall of Fame, and David made sure that we were all invited to the ceremony. This was a pretty big deal. Daniel decided to go with the girls and make it a secret. Fun! We shopped for a special dress for Cora (Shiloh already had one) and we talked about what jewelry they would take. :)
Here are some pictures from the night.

The girls with my mom. You may recognize her from the dancing video featured on my blog awhile ago. I can find it if you want me to. :) Isn't Cora's dress lovely? I opened her closet door the morning they left to find the dress still hanging in her closet. It was about 2 hours after they left. My stomach just fell. I knew how much she was looking forward to wearing it and looking like a young lady. I called Daniel, who passed on the news to Cora in the backseat. Then that good man said, "It's okay, Cora. We'll find a mall with a JCPenney and we'll get one just like it. Don't worry. We'll find another beautiful dress for you." And he did!!! He found the exact one in a mall in Knoxville (I got the directions from my mom, who got them from my sister.) I love that man.
Here is a picture of their table. I have created an "enrichment group" with two other moms where we get together once a month with our kids and teach something we'd like to teach with a group. This past class was on etiquette. Cora said she knew all the answers because Daddy taught her about salad forks, dinner forks, and dessert forks during the banquet. :)

This is a picture of my sister, Cassi, her husband, Jason, and my sister, Rianne. Welcome to the blog world, ladies! This is just photographic evidence of the fact that we were shamelessly trying to make David cry at the banquet. The frame has pictures of Shiloh with David's parents before they died. Shiloh was the only one to be able to meet them. David's dad just loved Shiloh and even commented on the fact that she had arms like his mother (ummm...no blood relation, but that was SO ADORABLE that he thought like that!).
! This is David and his brother, King, in front of a picture of their dad. Welcome to the blog, guys!
Love,
Casey

0 comments: