BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Just Checking In

Hi, y'all!
We're deep in preparations to make the big move on Friday, but I wanted to give you a few funnies from Abigail before I forget them. I also wanted to say that Adah successfully made it through two of her immunizations yesterday!!! This is HUGE, considering Daniel had to wrap his body around her to hold her down long enough for the TB test to be done when we first got her home. I felt confident enough that she knew what was going on this time, that she knew this was being done for her good, and that she knew that Mommy and Daddy would never knowingly hurt her without a REALLY good reason, etc. Daniel had his doubts, as did Shiloh. :) We talked a lot about what was going to happen, how Mommy would hold her, what the shots would look like, and - most importantly - that she would get ice cream afterward if she did a good job. Ice cream is a powerful incentive. :) She hung on to me and big tears rolled down her cheeks, but she didn't fight, scream, scratch, or kick. YEA! THAT is a major milestone. Poor Abigail broke my heart when she got hers...she didn't give a squeak but her big blue eyes welled up with tears and her arms were shaking around me. I HATE getting them shots. Poor babies. We only did a couple for each of them because Cora had a bad reaction to the DTaP booster. Now I definitely want to know what they have a reaction to if they have a reaction. I don't think Adah could have made it through three more shots anyway. :)

So now for the Abigail-isms. Cora asked on the way to church Sunday, "Mommy, are we going to have any more babies?" I said that I didn't think so, that there was a possibility, but that I was really content with our family right now. Abigail piped up from the back, "And anyway, if Mommy got another baby, we would have to give away one of the children because we wouldn't have any more seats in the van." :) I don't know who she had in mind, but she didn't volunteer. :)

I noticed that Abigail looked flushed on Monday, so I went over to make sure she didn't have a fever or anything. I felt her forehead, said, "No fever," and she said, "I think it's just the sun dust on my cheeks." :) I think she meant to say "sunburn," but you never know with Abigail. She probably really meant sun dust.

We're planning to go to the Cape Fear Botanical Gardens today as a farewell to Fayetteville since the weather is supposed to be gorgeous. I guess I better get a shower if we're going to do that. :) I'll probably post once we're settled in the temporary place in Virginia (where we'll get to have spring again! :) ).

Love to all-
Casey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PS. Casey, Charles recommended tightening the tension on the treadmill belt. He said when they loosen up, they can slip. Hope that helps!
Love, Babs

Tully Family said...

We use ice cream as an encouragment to all after shots also! (We do not do many & I'm grateful.) Tell Abigail that they make bigger vans! :) Praying for your move!

Heather