BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 06, 2011

Piano Recitals

Adah and Abigail made their debut performances at this year's recital. Adah handled it with perfect aplomb; Abigail was a nervous, twirling, chatty, crazy mess. When it came time to play, however, she was fine. She just drove us all to the point of distraction the day of. :) Shiloh had two pieces to play from the Peer Gynt Suite by Edvard Grieg. She was perfectly comfortable with "Morning," the first piece, but the second piece, "Hall of the Mountain King," kept giving her fits. The more she practiced, the more the tempo seemed to elude her. She didn't play it as fast as she would have liked at the recital ("Mommy, real musicians would KNOW I didn't play it like I should have) but I was satisfied that she didn't drop the piece in order to escape playing it. :) Cora enjoyed the whole experience as usual. She doesn't like the video, though, because she made a mistake and had to begin again.
Here are the students who were present at the recital. It's not a great picture, but at least you can see some of the girls (it's pretty easy to spot Adah :) ).
ACK! I still can't get Shiloh's piano recital video to post on the blog. I will try it in its own post. I wanted to go ahead and post this, though, so I don't get too out of order time-wise.










0 comments: