I had the opportunity at the very last minute to travel down to North Carolina to see our friends the Scholbergs and meet their precious new daughter, Lucy Joy. They were getting ready to move, so it was my last chance to meet Lucy as a newborn. I enjoyed a VERY QUIET ride down all on my own and got to spend time with all of them; I also got to worship with them at our old church in Fayetteville. It was great to see so many old friends! Jamie's dad and stepmother were very gracious to take me in, having never met me before. I got my baby fix and got to see the Scholbergs as parents. What a privilege.
(As a side note, this trip was a great example of miscommunication in marriage, even after sixteen years. :) Just keeping it real: I mentioned that I'd like to see Jamie before she moved, and then wondered why Daniel wasn't making it happen since he usually does when he knows it means a lot to me. I waited to see how he could work his schedule and refrained from nagging, and then I finally mentioned it again: "Hey, I'd like to see Jamie and Jonathan and be able to travel by myself; they're leaving next week." He was horrified. "WHAT?!? I thought you said they're leaving at the end of June?!"
Here he was thinking he had all the time in the world to plan for time off, and I was wondering why he was taking so long trying to figure out how I could do it. Here's a tip for me after sixteen years of marriage: OPEN YOUR MOUTH and ASK WHAT'S GOING ON. I'll try to remember that next time I start to stew. :))
And now - the fabulous Lucy Joy:
I was being a baby stalker in the backseat as we were riding to their house to finish packing up a few things. I only had my phone, so the first two pictures are off of my phone.
Saturday, August 06, 2011
Meeting Lucy
Posted by Casey at 7:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment