BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 08, 2011

One Very Busy Saturday

I already wrote about Shiloh's championship game. Not only did we have the kids' games that day plus a soccer pinic, but we also had Jackson's crossover ceremony where he made the transition from Tiger Cub to Wolf. The boys in the den all took it very seriously. :)

The first pictures are from the last game of the season for the Flames. Unfortunately, the season ended on a sad note for them; they lost their last game. That, combined with the heart-breaking loss during Shiloh's championship game made for a VERY quiet van on the way home. After a little time and a change of perspective, we came back to the same park for the crossover ceremony.

I know this picture is blurry, but I like the look of determination you can still see on Jackson's face.

Despite the loss, we were proud of the way Adah played that day. It was HOT outside, and Adah doesn't do hot. She especially hates sweating. We thought she would be no good for the game because her preferred temperature range is 70-72 (ironic, since she's Haitian!). She played her heart out, though. Way to go, Adah!
All of these pictures are courtesy of Shiloh. She takes the pictures and videos because I'm too busy yelling. :)
That's Abigail's friend, Abby on the bench about to fall off. In the next shot, she was on the ground. :)
Now on to the crossover ceremony. The Tiger Cubs were tasked with the flag-raising at the beginning.
Here are the boys receiving their awards before the crossover.
I like how the boys are comparing their badges and awards here. :)
The leaders and boys are building the "bridge" for the Scouts to cross over.
Jacksonn helped out and he never smiles when he's doing a duty. :)
I LOVE this picture of Jackson! Shiloh took it as he watched the crossover bridge being built I love the dreamy but serious look in his eyes. What a handsome boy.
The leadership and volunteers in our pack.
Sorry about the way the video tilts at the end of the flag-raising ceremony. Did I mention that Shiloh handles all of these things? :)

0 comments: