BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 18, 2010

Interview Update

Dear All-
Thank you for praying. I think the interview went well, but when the segment aired, it was not what we had hoped. They didn't focus AT ALL on what we intended to focus on for the story (and what we DID focus on through their questions). WE urged people to give what they could for the people of Haiti, but they focused more on the adoption side of it and were more interested in whether we would adopt again. That wasn't the point - we wanted to bring attention to those kiddos there who already have families and need to go home to them - not potential adoptions in the future. We certainly weren't urging everyone to try to go out and adopt from Haiti. We know that's not possible right now, and it's irresponsible to bring it up as if people can just go out and get a baby. Additionally, it's condescending to say that adopting is better than sending a check - those kids need to stay with their birthfamilies if AT ALL possible, and we need to do what we can to ensure that that happens. We are NOT advocating sending in the "great white hope" to save those poor babies in Haiti...we don't even know where he got that opening line since our whole focus WAS to SEND THE CHECKS, PEOPLE.

Here's the video link: http://www.nbc29.com/global/Category.asp?C=175568&clipId=4468536&autostart=true

I guess I should believe what everyone says - don't trust the media. I guess I have to be hopeful that it might make someone think about how they might help Haiti. Sorry, NLL and HFC family - we tried. :(

1 comments:

Tully Family said...

God will still use your testimony!