BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New Season

We are about to enter the whole organized sports world (in the most loose sense). :) Shiloh has her first track team practice tomorrow. She's going to be "training" for the 400 and 800 at the Virginia Homeschooler's State Track Meet in May. I watched her run to get the feel of the races last Friday night, and I was taken aback. I knew she had some natural ability because I make them run laps every day for exercise (or ride bikes), but I didn't know she could run like THAT. I actually felt joy watching her because she was so graceful...so awesome. The coach was watching her and said, "Wow." Uh-huh. She actually beat two teenage boys and she wasn't running at race speed. Pretty cool. I need to add, though, that she never does anything new without a little push, so she was practically hyperventilating before running. :) Such different personalities in the same family. Jackson and Abigail are BEGGING to run the 400 for the track meet, Cora couldn't care less about running, Adah stayed in the van because it was "too cold," and Nathaniel probably ran about 2 miles total that evening just running in the infield. :) We'll see what comes of this whole adventure.

Adah, Abigail, and Jackson are also trying soccer starting April 10th. They only have games on Saturdays, and their practices are the half hour before the game. Easy peasy - and family time friendly - for the single parent mama right now! They look adorable in their cleats, and we're looking forward to this new adventure. Cora's holding out for swimming lessons in the summer - now THAT'S something she can get behind. :)

1 comments:

Molly M. said...

Wow Shiloh! I knew you could run fast, but this! Go Girl!
Love,
~Molly~