I blog for two reasons: 1. So that family and friends far away can see how the kids are doing and 2. Because I know I won't remember anything about their childhoods if I don't. I have a horrible memory. I don't even remember some of the things that I wrote on this blog a year ago, so it's a good thing I blog. :) On the plus side, I'm always pleasantly surprised when I look back at the blog and read a story that I forgot.
I mention these things (in a rather wordy paragraph) in order to put a disclaimer on the milestone mentioned in the title. Last year, all four girls (along with Mommy and Daddy, since we thought we should set the example!) read all the way through the Bible using M'Cheyne's reading schedule. We're incredibly proud of them for their diligence and perseverance, but mentioning their milestone here is not meant to draw attention in a prideful way. If they read this blog in the future, I hope it will be an encouragement to them that they read the Word of God from their youngest ages. I hope it will remind them of His truth, His love, and His mercy. It reminds us of the mercy God has shown to us in granting us new life before we had children so that we could raise them, we pray, in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. What a blessing they are to us! We look forward to seeing what He chooses to do in each of their lives, and we are thankful to be a part of that. To Him be the glory!
Friday, March 12, 2010
A Milestone
Posted by Casey at 6:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment