Yes, I have photos to post, but I couldn't let this day go by without wishing a happy gotcha day to our wonderful Haitian sensations. Two years ago today, we finally rolled into our driveway at 1:30 in the morning after leaving the guesthouse at Port-au-Prince at 5:30 the previous morning. (We were hoping for December 7th since we got married on June 6th, D-Day, but that didn't happen. :) )Yes, it was grueling. Yes, Adah was sick multiple times on the drive and on the planes. Yes, we missed a connecting flight due to the airline. Yes, Nathaniel tried to scratch my eyeballs out on the second flight. Yes, I almost had a meltdown in the airport bathroom.
YES, IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT. Every second that brought us closer to home and closer to being a complete family was worth it in every way. I am so thankful that God moved in a mighty way to bring them home when He did. I am humbled that we get to be their parents. My heart breaks for them as they live with the tragedy that comes with adoption...that they will always mourn the loss of their first parents and their first home. I look forward to seeing what they will become. I pray that, above all, they will love the Lord with all their hearts, minds, souls, and strength.
Happy Gotcha Day, Adah Resilia Houseworth and Nathaniel Erickson Houseworth! We love you more than words can say!
Your Mommy and Daddy
This is the first night in Haiti after meeting our precious children and getting settled into the guesthouse. Nathaniel did not smile for pictures for about three weeks after he came home.
Daniel with the kiddos. Nathaniel was so tiny! Now look how big he is and the smile on his face!
And look at our beautiful Adah, who has such a sweet spirit to have gone through what she's gone through and yet maintained her sense of humor, sweet smile, and joy of life.
3 comments:
I remember speaking to Adah on the phone when you were on your way home from the airport! I hope I could meet your Haitian sensations some day soon!
Hey, Hanneke-
We put our shoes out for St. Nicholas Day! :) It doesn't look as cute without wooden shoes. I think I need to order some.
Would you prefer a visit at Christmas-time next year or the following spring? 'Cuz we're coming, baby. Would it be too crazy at Christmas? (it might be too cold for this girl!)
Love ya-
Casey
My dearest friend-
Please come visit. We will be in South Africa in Oct. And at some point Jim will get deployed.... not sure when. COME VISIT!
Post a Comment