BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 03, 2008

And more videos

I was on a video kick, apparently. Here are two more for you to enjoy. I just had to capture the sound of Adah's braids click-clacking because I love that sound. She certainly can't sneak up on anyone! The second video is of Abigail and Adah singing a song from their Latin curriculum (Song School Latin, Heather - from Veritas Press - highly recommend it so far). They are singing "Quid est tuum praenomen?" and then "Meum praenomen est..." which mean, respectively, "What is your name?" and "My name is..." You can see Nathaniel's little hand sneaking over to Abigail because he was trying to look into the camera. I'm surprised he didn't chime in with "Cheese!"

Love,

Casey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adah, This is Beverly. I like your videos. I especially like the noise your beads make when you shake your head. I have the same heart snaps in my hair. But I don't have any beads so my hair doesn't clack as much.

Tully Family said...

Uh, do I comment too much on your blog??? :)

I just saw "Latin for Children" at a homeschool convention this past spring. We have been using Memoria Press but I was really impressed w/ LfC- I went to a talk by one of their people & it was the best I heard! Will you plan on continuing w/ LfC? Hmmm... "No, no, no- don't fix something that isn't broken." This is what I kept telling myself at the convention! :)

Do your kiddos where uniforms during school time?

Casey said...

Heather-
No, I haven't replaced Prima Latina/Latina Christiana for Latin; this was just to start Adah and Abigail. When I called Veritas Press to talk with them about multi-level teaching, I actually spoke with one of their Latin teachers. They are now recommending Latin for Children for Latin mastery but continue to recommend Prima Latina for Latin exposure. So we just added the Song School Latin because it looked like fun. The pronunciations are a little different from Prima Latina, though.

No, our kiddos don't wear uniforms. :) They just like to match each other.

Tully Family said...

I have been very pleased w/ Memoria Press for our Latin. Their emphasis on the grammar side is excellent! Recently, in a yahoo group I subscribe to, a lady explained that Memoira focuses more on grammar & LfC on vocabulary. Both are good- just have to see what works for your family. (Though I have heard that LfC has many editing mistakes...) Have you even thought ahead to what you'll do for the upper grades? Are the older children doing latin also?

Patricia is eager to dress like Elizabeth! Thanks to a wonderful Nanny, they do have a few smocked dresses to wear to church. :)