BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

My Birthday, etc.


First of all, I had no idea you all would identify so well with Abigail's concern over the purple bears. Thank you for your support and helpful comments. I will let her know that she doesn't have to live in this paranoia alone.

Secondly, today is my 32nd birthday. I know it's hard to believe that I'm not the 24 year old you thought I was (ha!) but it's true. With Daniel gone, the girls thought they ought to be the ones to help me celebrate, so they all got up early. Shiloh made cinnamon rolls all by herself. I knew she was going to do this, so I showed her on Sunday how to do it - and don't worry - those oven mitts come all the way up to her elbows! Cora decorated the table, the older girls hung streamers, and Abigail cooperated by letting them get her dressed. They all dressed up in party dresses, and then they led me out to the table with my eyes closed. How cute. This is the first year that they've been able to do something like this, and I know that it just tickled them to feel so grown-up. After breakfast, they presented me with their presents. As any parent knows, when children do not have money to purchase something, they give away their own cherished possessions, which is what I got today. I also got some homemade things, which are going right into my "save" drawer. I felt pretty spoiled and loved, which is exactly how you want to feel on your birthday. :) Daniel owes me a dinner at Bonefish Grill, but he'll make good on that.

Hope ya'll enjoy my birthday!

1 comments:

Tully Family said...

Casey,
I meant to call you this week but we have been sick and then Jonathan made his apperance on Friday! You have such sweet girls and we miss them so much, especially Patricia. I'm glad to know you had a nice birthday!

- Heather

PS- Bonefish Grill has become a favorite of mine, every since you took me there! Yummy!