I've been informed that our blog may not be allowing you to post comments (thanks, Mom, and sorry!). I hope this problem will be resolved, as I don't know how to fix it. :) Did I mention I'm new to blogging?!
Well, we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off today trying to get ready for the trip up to North Carolina to say goodbye to Daniel. We did get everything done, though. The girls are looking forward to the trip, especially Abigail, who LOVES to stay in hotels. Being Florida girls, they naturally thought that they would be swimming at every hotel where we stay. Ha! They are in for a rude awakening when they feel the first draft of cold air.
And good news! Our adoption is now back in progress. We were waiting, and waiting, and WAITING for a response to an email we sent to the director of the orphanage in Port-au-Prince. Daniel finally just called him today, and he told us he's been able to read his email but not respond to any messages. Phew...I thought we offended him or something. Anyway, our dossier will be sent to the Miami Haitian consulate tomorrow for "authentication" (whatever that means other than costing us more money) and then sent down to Haiti to begin the LONG process of going through their system. We should know who the kids are in about two months, though!!! This is so exciting. For those we haven't told, we're expecting to adopt a boy/girl sibling set from Haiti. From the time that we receive the referral (when we know who our kids are) the wait time until we can travel to pick them up is about 9 months-1 year. The Haitian government is not...um...entirely stable, so the wait time has been extended by about three months because of their problems. I think - I hope - I PRAY - it will be worth it. It will be hard to know who the kids are without being able to go get them! :)
Well, I have more laundry to do before we can call it quits tonight. I do have a bowl of Moose Tracks frozen yogurt waiting for me right now, though.
Hope ya'll have a good night!
Monday, January 16, 2006
Comments anyone?
Posted by Casey at 5:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment