BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 13, 2012

Ice Skating boys!

On our second day back to school, a friend called and invited us to homeschooling day at the local rink...it's half off before the kids get out of school, so we jumped on that! Jackson and Nathaniel have never been ice skating before, so I was a little worried about how this would go, especially since I wouldn't be on the ice. I shouldn't have worried. I made Jackson wear a helmet at the beginning and use the buckets that they give the little kids to help them with their balance, but Jackson ditched both in short order. He landed pretty hard more than once, and he noticed how wet he was when we got back in the van, but he had a great time. Nathaniel and his friend Joseph liked to play bumper cars with their buckets, and they were not really observing the "everyone skates counterclockwise" rule. :) It's amazing that they both emerged unscathed. I had to run some errands after we skated (yes, while everyone was wet and cold - good planning, Mom!) and everyone FELL ASLEEP in the van on the way home after that. They all got showers, ate dinner, and went to bed. Even Shiloh and Cora were asleep by 9:00. What a fun day!



I'm so sorry these pictures didn't turn out! My camera is doing weird things lately (or maybe it's operator error) and I need to get another picture of Nathaniel, because...did you notice anything different? He lost his first tooth!!! We knew it was loose, but Daniel didn't know how loose until he gave it a pull on the previous Sunday night and it came out! I thought Nathaniel was kidding me when he came running to tell me that his tooth was out. My baby has lost his first tooth - what a milestone.
Stinkin' camera! Ugh. I wish you could see the smile on Nathaniel's face. He was genuinely having a great time, giggling and skating everywhere. He was entertaining! :)

0 comments: