BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Happy New Year!

Since Tuesday of this week, we've been freezing. But this is what the kids were dressed in on Saturday, December 31st:These are their new soccer jerseys to go along with the soccer goal Grandma and Grandpa got them for Christmas. (They've been using the soccer goal since October because "someone" didn't want to wait to get it out - wait! Who said it was I??)

Team Houseworth!! :)
New Year's Eve we went bowling with friends to ring in the New Year. We had such a good time! The kids got bumpers, but Daniel and I had to do without. Daniel got progressively better as the night went on, but I discovered that I am a WILDLY inconsistent bowler. I got three strikes in one game, two of them right in a row, and I still didn't break a 100 (yes, that would mean that I only knocked down two pins on other tries :) ). Daniel and I didn't pull anything, and the kids had a great time, so we counted the evening a success. Adah grabbed the title for "most stylish bowler with most unorthodox methods." She barely got the ball down the alley because she was wearing a slim skirt and didn't want to move too much. And yet she won every game in her group! She was also wearing a lot of bling, which helped to earn her the title of most stylish.
See the sparkly headband on Adah? Helps with the bowling.
My white shirt was glowing in the black light. :)
Jackson had the best time! He kept bowling even when the other younger boys quit and he was bowling against the adults in his lane. He was excited by every pin he knocked down, and on one turn, he and Daniel bowled strikes right next to one another.
Our New Year's cards and family newsletters will be going out shortly; I'm just waiting on the cards to arrive from Shutterfly. Happy New Year, everyone! We're enjoying our last day of break today, and tomorrow it's back to regular routine and learning. Yea! This year we had a good balance on our break of fun, crazy busyness and quiet, relaxed downtime. Cora sat in the chair by the fire all day one day to read an entire book. Now THAT'S what I call a successful Christmas break. :) I hope 2012 brings much joy for y'all!

0 comments: