Today did not look all that promising in the morning. Our last day of schooling did not go well, and I ran into the back of a car on the way to a friend's house for a field day. There was only minimal damage and everyone was completely fine, but I was pretty upset with the way things were going. As the day progressed and the warm sunshine poured down, my spirits were lifted. I said we needed to leave a little early in order for me to attempt to mow my lawn before it turned into a jungle, and I was informed that it was already taken care of; our pastor had done it this morning after I left.
That's encouragement.
Tonight was Jackson's night to stay up later to spend some time with me. After I took a shower, I went down to the basement to look for him and found him folding laundry for me, carefully placing each item in the basket. He had matched up all the boy socks, but he declined to touch the "girl socks." :) He has no idea how to fold things; he just knew this was to be my job tonight after everyone went to bed and he wanted to help.
That's encouragement.
The day is ending in a whole different place from where it began, and I'm so thankful. I pray I can be that encouragement to someone - in a big or a little way.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Encouragement
Posted by Casey at 6:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment