Hey, all-
In my attempt to post more often, you will have to hear more boring stuff. :)
Here's what's going on here:
The pre-drywall meeting went well at the house today. I didn't attend because Shiloh has come down with a fever (Murphy's Law with children and preparing to go on trips). Poor Shiloh is resting in my bed, and I actually had to make the scones last night for ladies' Bible study since she started feeling under the weather last night. The scones were not as good as Shiloh's. Too chewy.
Nathaniel has begun the potty training process. I'm not going whole-hog yet since we're leaving to go on the trip and I don't want to stop every fifteen minutes. He's doing his solid business in the toilet all the time though, and I am VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY happy about that. This is the only area where I've seen a significant developmental delay; he just hasn't been ready up to this point. I think training might be a loooong process because that boy is a peeing machine (sorry, too much information).
I got a fabulous deal on Land's End dresses which are $9.99 right now for the long sleeved ones. Just thought I'd give a heads-up to those thrifty people out there.
I'm listening to sounds of the wonder twins playing school (because, of course, when you're on a break from schooling for the morning, you should naturally play school). They're also trying to teach Nathaniel how to make the letter "t". I think it's not working. "Try again, Nathaniel. You can do it this time." "Um, not like that, Nathaniel. Try again on this line." :)
I finally made Daniel watch "Facing the Giants" with me for our date night on Tuesday. He now understands why it was a little difficult to run on the treadmill while watching it the first time, what with all the crying and struggling to breathe. :) He liked it, too, but he didn't do the ugly-faced cry.
Here's a Jackson story to end this boring post. He was having trouble on his math facts sheet with the "plus twos" facts. I was asking him, "Do you remember what we do when we have an even number and we add two?" His response, "I know it's in my head; I just can't find it!" That will be my standard response to anything I can't remember now: "It's in my head; I just can't find it!" :)
I'm off to make some lunch. I'm thinking soup since it's gray and misty here. And to think we're preparing to go to Ohio where it might SNOW on Tuesday. SNOW! That's crazy talk.
Love,
Casey
Thursday, April 02, 2009
Rainy Thursday
Posted by Casey at 4:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The snow is crazy! he, he, he!
I'm adopting Jackson's response also- love that!
Still working on Jonathan & potty training- he has been my latest child! :(
Finally, have you seen "Fireproof" yet? Now, that one will make you cry! It was excellent!
Hello friend! How is Shiloh doing? We are packing today and our track record has been illness during the two day process so praying that doesn't happen! Is there a floor plan online of your house that I could look at?
I have decided not to try to email you anymore. I think my yahoo does not like you. Oh well! At least we have blogs and facebook, until we get to a country with decent internet, so I can call again!
Packing went very well! 12 men! It was incredible. 4 hours and they were done and crates were loaded. Never had a better experience.
Girls are well, not liking all their books/toys/movies being gone. We did keep some, don't worry! We are staying busy with doctors and dentists and eye care!
How are you all??????
Talk to you soon
Post a Comment