BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Help Me

How do I rename a link so that I don't look like the inexperienced computer hack that I am? I want my links to look cool and have awesome names instead of some unintellligible string of stuff. Please help.

1 comments:

Julie said...

Casey, Click to edit your entry. Then, click the tab on top that says "Edit Html." A link in computer language is an anchor. All the HTML (the "language" in your entry that direct the Internet as to how you entry looks, but don't actually appear on your blog) are inside less than (<) and greater than signs (>). Look for a (<) that is followed by the letter "a" for anchor. There is a whole phrase before you get to (>), but you shouldn't need to edit that. After the greater than sign (>), you should see the phrase that you want to edit. This is what appears on your blog. You can make it say whatever you want as long as you don't edit out the computer "language" that tells the Internet that you have finished your link. It is again inside (<) and (>). It starts with a backslash (/) and then an 'a' -- for end anchor.

I am sorry I had to be so wordy, but I have tried to explain this in a comment before and the Internet didn't know I was doing so and turned my explanation into a link that went nowhere. :o(

Finally, in the future, when you are composing your entry, just type what you want the link to say, highlight it and then click the icon on top that looks like a world with a chain in it. A box will pop-up that allows you to put your link in there. Blogger will write your computer language.