





Hey, y'all! Yep, we're still here...just working hard and playing hard lately. We're in our last three weeks of official schooling, and then we'll take a break for the month of June. Yea! :) I don't think we'll take much more of a break than that, just because I've seen how much they lose in a two week time period! We're also getting out and about enjoying our new hometown. We've been down to our adorable downtown twice, walking through the "mall," which is like a British High Street that is only open to foot traffic. There are so many cute shops and outdoor restaurants. We've scouted out our library, the nearest Indian restaurant, Target, (less than FIVE MINUTES AWAY - that's BAD :) ) and two playgrounds. One playground is just outside our townhouse complex at the elementary school, and the other is in our "big house" neighborhood at another elementary school. The pictures taken above are right down the road at one of the lakes in the neighborhood. There's a footpath around the lake, and we try to walk there every day when we take a break for lunch. It's been absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I love having another spring! We've been discovering caterpillars, frogs, turtles, budding trees, ferns, fish, and a great variety of birds. So although we are crammed into the townhome right now, we are able to get to open space very easily.
Daniel is enjoying his new job very much. He's not going 100 miles an hour and he says he feels more relaxed already. His new schedule allows for every other Monday off, too. His commute is between five and ten minutes right now, so understandably he's loving that.
The kids are doing very well with the transition. We had a pretty bad first week with everyone being naughty and having attitudes (it was also raining that week). Since being able to get out pretty much every day, everyone is much better. Having the routine of schooling has proven to be a good stabilizer.
Well, off to have a cup of tea with Daniel and watch some HGTV. And this would be why we don't get cable normally. :)
Love,
Casey
p.s. I forgot to say that the last picture was Daniel's first day at work. He's taken to wearing bowties, and an older lady at work just loves him. :) She checks to see what tie he's wearing each day. Since this picture was taken, he's shaved off his goatee as well, so along with the weight he's lost, he looks like he did when I married him. I wish I could say the same for me! :)
2 comments:
I just adore the 2nd picture! We've been outside a lot lately too- what a blessing! (Really, really helps with the two year old.) Though I do find to much "free time" leads to grumpy children. (And a grumpy mama.) You're right- school is a good stabilizer!
Glad to hear all is well! Oh, cable. I'm jealous!
Heather
Wow, how cute! I love the ones with the kids @ the lake. Too Cute.
Looking forward to seeing you in LESS THAN A WEEK!! :)
Post a Comment