BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Short on Words, Long on Pictures

Grandma!! You're published on the blog! Everyone, meet G.G., my grandma. I won't mention how young she is, but let's just say she's a pretty hip grandma. She has a cooler cell phone than I do, and she's "thinking" about retiring this year from her job. She spoiled us with Dunkin Donuts coffee and eating out and a trip to the Palisades Mall when we visited.
This was Adah's hairdo for our trip to Virginia, Pennsylvania, and New York. I got it from a picture on snapaholics, a website for beads. I think it turned out pretty well, and she really liked it. I need colorful hairbands that STAY in her hair, though - the "ouchless" cute ones snap constantly.
All the kids with Pop, Daniel's grandfather. He and Nan live in Pennsylvania in a really nice nursing home, and it was so wonderful to be able to introduce our new children to them. They haven't been in the best of health, and we're grateful to still have them with us.



Adah and Abigail being very strange.Shiloh loves the song, "International Harvester." What a weirdo. Piano lessons really haven't helped her singing, but she enjoys herself.

The boys are hanging out with Daddy. I accidentally deleted the video where they were jumping on top of him and then trying to roll him over. He was a little sore when they were done. :)

Just hanging out here - I have to get dinner on the table before Bible study, and we're taking it easy after standardized testing. Today was the last day - yea!

We're also on our 20th showing for the house. Tomorrow's showing will be the 21st. Pray. Pray without ceasing for it to be over. :) Daniel reports to work in Virginia on April 30th, and if we haven't sold the house by then, he'll go on up and we'll stay here in the house until it sells.

Love, Casey

*Edited to Add* I should be nicer to Shiloh; her voice actually HAS improved from her piano lessons. She just sounds weird trying to do the accent in the song. :)

4 comments:

Tully Family said...

Casey,

Oh, we will pray more for your house to sell! You must be exhausted trying to keep it up! How did the testing go? We prayed for the children. Did Adah have to get tested also? I'm wondering what to do for this year....

Tell Shiloh that Mrs. Tully likes that song too and her voice is way better than mine. :)

What a blessing to have grandparents!
- Heather

Casey said...

Dear Heather-
I hope you find my message here since it's been awhile.
Testing went REALLY well, and they actually enjoyed it. We tested with the IOWA, and only Shiloh and Cora had to be tested. North Carolina only requires testing for each year they are registered, and registration starts in the school year in which they turn 7. I liked the IOWA test; I found it to be comprehensive both in breadth and in depth, and I liked the format of the test. The girls liked the half days and the treats afterward! :)
Take Care-
Casey

Mary said...

Michael liked the video of the girls dancing. ;)

Mary

Tully Family said...

Casey,

I hope you can find my message- I haven't been online blogging for awhile, as March as a BUSY month! Thanks for the insite- I might do the IWOA testing next year.

Glad we can keep in touch via our blogs- maybe one day in person!
Heather