BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 24, 2008

And This Deserved A Whole Separate Post

Yes, my dear friends and prayer warriors...

WE HAVE A CONTRACT ON THE HOUSE!

After much weeping and gnashing of teeth (poor Daniel), we received an offer on Saturday evening. Let me preface this story by saying that I had let only a few people know that I was praying specifically for an offer on the house by this past Saturday. I don't normally pray that specifically - maybe it's a lack of boldness, or a feeling that I'm being too presumptuous, I don't know. After going through 8 showings in four days and the girls getting sick, I was praying even more fervently that we would receive an offer and stop the madness already. We have had 28 showings. Phew. Saturday went by with no offer. We prayed in family worship that evening that we would trust in the Lord and His ways no matter what. We put the children to bed (after drugging them :) ) and checked our email to find that an offer had been written on the house that day at 2:30, but our realtor had not let us know. The buyer's agent said she had started to write the offer for her clients on another house, and they changed their minds at the last minute. :) The laughable offer indicated to us that the buyers thought we were GIVING the house away, so we counter-offered with not much hope. We were laughing about receiving an offer at the last minute, however, and saying that I should have been a little MORE specific in asking for a good offer. :) Well, the buyers accepted most of the counter-offer (the important parts like our selling price and showing us a pre-qualified letter) and we are in business! Both parties signed the contract today, so we are UNDER CONTRACT and due to close May 1st. That is PERFECT timing for us, since Daniel has to report in on April 28th (I thought it was the 30th - I really should pay more attention to my life) and now we get to move together! In this market, we do not take it for granted that we have sold our home in a timely manner and that we are walking away having made a little money even though we only owned it less than two years. And now we can RELAX and enjoy the last month we have here. How lovely. Poor Shiloh and Cora can again join us at the table; since we pulled out the leaf on the table to make the dining room look larger, they've been sitting at the counter in the kitchen. :)

We are so very thankful to the Lord for His abundant faithfulness to us in all of life, but particularly in the past few months. We will recount all of His blessings over and over to our children so that they will remember He can be trusted. He does all things well. I mark my prayer journal with little stars when I have a spiritual marker I want to look back on and remember, and my journal is full of stars lately!! :)

Resting in Him tonight-
Casey

1 comments:

Mary said...

Great news! Thanks for sharing how the Lord worked it out for you. :) That is an answer to prayer, everyone here will be happy to hear about it.