As you can see from the pictures below, basketball season is also chatting season for Cora. She is a champion chatter. Love that cute girl!
Yesterday was actually our first day of the soccer season, so I thought I better get one last post up for Cora's basketball season. I finally got the videos onto my laptop, so here are a bunch for you to enjoy. In the second to last game, Cora went on a roll and scored ten points, which was so fun to watch. They tied the last game, which her friend Shannon was happy about "because then no one has to lose the last game." Shannon did not receive the competitive genes that my children received, obviously. For the last post-game snack, the girls received a treat. The parents of one of the girls on the team own a frozen yogurt shop, and they invited everyone back to the shop to help themselves to frozen yogurt (like a Sweet Frog, where you add whatever toppings you'd like). When we got there, I wanted to clarify things with the mom, so I asked her, "Cora will receive hers for free, but I will pay for my other children, correct?" She said no, they were happy to include everyone. What a sweet family and a fabulous treat for everyone! They have a cozy sitting room upstairs in their shop with comfy couches, games for the kids like ping-pong, and a huge TV set up tuned to the sports channel - which was showing a gymnastics competition so Abigail was thrilled! It was a great end to the season. Cora really enjoyed playing this season because her team "gelled" well. They seemed to enjoy each other's company, and they laughed a lot. Certainly, the best thing about the season was getting to go to practice every Thursday with her good friend Shannon - she misses those Thursdays now!
And now here are the videos for you to enjoy. Sadly, they are in not grouped properly OR in order. I must be losing my Type A personality edge, because I did consider putting them in order and then rejected the idea. If it doesn't make me twitch, I leave it alone. :) It's a new life motto. You can probably tell which games go together from the gym and the hairstyles on Cora anyway. :)
More videos to come when Blogger decides to cooperate and upload more than one at a time. I have issues with Blogger, if you haven't noticed before. :)
1 comments:
Will make sure I see Cora play when basketball season rolls around again! Love from Oma.
Post a Comment