Our first boy, the one who proved us wrong when WE disagreed with the ultrasound, arrived on the scene on September 13, 2004. He was scheduled to arrive on September 11th, but Hurricane Ivan was also scheduled to arrive in Tampa on the 11th. We didn't really want them to arrive on the same day. :) At the VERY last minute, my stepfather found a doctor in Tennessee who was willing to do a C-section on a patient she'd never met, and we hurricane-proofed our house and drove straight through to TN to get away from the hurricane. My doctor was NOT happy with me! There are only four things I remember from the trip: the girls were absolutely fabulous, my ankles swelled to monstrous proportions, I kept trying to remember from the signs where the nearest hospital was, and Daniel almost had a complete breakdown in the last thirty minutes of the trip from lack of sleep. He desperately wanted to drive the whole way so that I could be spared the driving, but he was like a wild man trying to keep himself awake. I knew that wasn't safe, so I told him to pull over. Two seconds after he got in the passenger seat, he was snoring. He'd been up until all hours the night before trying to prepare the house and our belongings for the storm. :) Tampa was spared the direct hit on Hurricane Ivan, but it was a joy just the same to have Jackson born in Tennessee where my family could come visit the SAME DAY HE WAS BORN - a novelty for the births of our kids. :) When we returned home two weeks later, Hurricane Jeanne was there to greet us. How thoughtful. Here are some pictures that we took on our BRAND NEW digital camera that we bought just for Jackson's arrival. :)
Yeah. I was pretty cute with Shiloh's pregnancy, but by the fourth? Not so much. More like a weeble-wobble.
Daniel and I get to meet Jackson for the first time! He looked SO BIG! He was 7 lbs, 15 oz. - our largest baby. 
The newest Houseworth is here!
See? Doesn't he look huge? :) All of you who have had 9 lb+ babies are laughing at me. But listen, I'm only 5'1"...he's a big baby!
I could not NOT have this picture on the blog. Because HOW CUTE IS ABIGAIL?? Oh, my. She was a little nervous to sit next to me, which is why she was pretending she wasn't there. I can't believe how bitty she was when Jackson was born.
Cora's smile kills me all the time. Look at those cheeks. She was instantly in love with Jackson - a baby she could hold and love on, since Abigail had long ago passed that stage with her.
Snoozing peacefully. He dealt with trauma (i.e. circumcision) by sleeping for hours upon end. That did not make the doctors or his mama happy.
Shiloh is taking up her role once again as the responsible big sister (and is it just me, or is Jackson half her size?) Cora is making sure she's in on things. Abigail is most likely plotting some sort of mischief.
Tennessee going home outfit! We got to stay with Oma and Opa for the two weeks while I was recovering.
Leaving the hospital - what a joyous day!
Shiloh is snuggling on the couch with Jackson. I love her cute nose and smiley eyes!
One of Jackson's first baths at home. He didn't like them at first, but I think Shiloh had a talk with him about how soothing they would be, because he grew to love bathtime.
Fast forward SEVEN YEARS - truly? Is he really seven?
See? Doesn't he look huge? :) All of you who have had 9 lb+ babies are laughing at me. But listen, I'm only 5'1"...he's a big baby!
I could not NOT have this picture on the blog. Because HOW CUTE IS ABIGAIL?? Oh, my. She was a little nervous to sit next to me, which is why she was pretending she wasn't there. I can't believe how bitty she was when Jackson was born.
Cora's smile kills me all the time. Look at those cheeks. She was instantly in love with Jackson - a baby she could hold and love on, since Abigail had long ago passed that stage with her.
Snoozing peacefully. He dealt with trauma (i.e. circumcision) by sleeping for hours upon end. That did not make the doctors or his mama happy.
Shiloh is taking up her role once again as the responsible big sister (and is it just me, or is Jackson half her size?) Cora is making sure she's in on things. Abigail is most likely plotting some sort of mischief.
Tennessee going home outfit! We got to stay with Oma and Opa for the two weeks while I was recovering.
Leaving the hospital - what a joyous day!
Shiloh is snuggling on the couch with Jackson. I love her cute nose and smiley eyes!
One of Jackson's first baths at home. He didn't like them at first, but I think Shiloh had a talk with him about how soothing they would be, because he grew to love bathtime.
Fast forward SEVEN YEARS - truly? Is he really seven? Shiloh took over the decorating duties once again and turned the dining room into a bivouac site. Airborne rangers are descending from the sky...er...chandelier...to land on the table. That's Daniel's old poncho liner on the window. :)

Jackson wanted his best friend, Isaiah, to come over for the festivities and a sleepover. The benefits of homeschooling? It was a school night, and he could still come. :) It was a late night, because the kids had two soccer practices (one a make-up) before we could celebrate.
There's the birthday boy! The crown is hiding a huge goose egg he got from crashing on the gym floor at co-op. It was a pretty big collision, but he has a pretty hard head, so he was fine the next day.
Birthday boy and Daddy.
Abigail and Nathaniel made Jackson a card, so they wanted to get a picture of him with it. :)
Shiloh also made him a card and got him some paper knights and a Matchbox car.

All the girls decided to get him a Kung Fu Panda birthday card (see video) and a play cell phone. Right. That's just what I need - a phone that makes noise in the van as we go places. :)
Isaiah watches as Jackson opens his lego sets from him. They were up at 6:15 the next day to play with them - after they had been up until about 9:45 the night before.

You're gonna shoot your eye out with that thing, kid!! Daddy thought it was time for Jackson to get his first BB gun, so here is the Daisy (as opposed to the Red Ryder, of course). They are going to the National Firearms Museum tomorrow as part of his birthday gift, where they both get in free because they're Life members. They'll take along the Daisy to practice shooting at the indoor range there. :) Sometimes I love being married to a closet redneck, and other times it worries me.
Mommy gets a picture with the birthday boy! Jackson doesn't look all that happy, though. I think he wanted cake.


1 comments:
aw, all those sweet, young faces--mom's and dad's included! fast forward seven years to sweet, slightly older faces. looks like it was a wonderful celebration for a wonderful boy. love to all from opa and oma!
Post a Comment