BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 03, 2011

More Time Travel

I had such a good time looking through photo albums for the post on Shiloh's birthday that I decided to do the same for Abigail's. Looking at the albums brought back all the wonderful memories of adding our precious daughter to our family, the friends we met while in England, our wonderful church family, and the experience of living in England. What a fun reminder of God's goodness to us over the years.

Of course, the following picture provided a not-so-wonderful reminder of the long and difficult labor I had with Abigail! We should have known that she would end up being contrary from her refusal to COME OUT ALREADY. :) In this picture, I had been in active labor for about 24 hours (I was smiling between contractions :) ). We finally ended up going in at about 1:00 a.m. Monday morning. Then we walked and walked and walked the halls while they offered me tea and toast. :) Abigail got into trouble about mid-morning and then got into serious trouble. The midwife ordered the doctor to give me a C-section. They would have to put me under general anesthesia because it was an emergency and I didn't have anything in at the time. I hope I will always remember the look on Daniel's face when I turned to him in fear and anxiety. He looked back at me with a wonderful smile and said, "I will see you both afterward. Do you hear me? I WILL see you later. I love you." He had the privilege of holding our daughter first and then introducing her to me when I woke up (which was MANY hours later - they tried to wake me up and couldn't because I was just so EXHAUSTED :) ). She was smaller than Cora by a whole pound - 6 lbs., 6 oz., so her size was obviously not the reason she couldn't come out. :) And she's been a petite ball of contrariness every since. I looked in her baby book today, and she finally made it into the 5th percentile for height and weight when she was 18 months old. :)
Here's Miss Attitude shortly after birth. Remember the wonderful husband I told you about? He decided to get photographic evidence of how knocked-out I was from exhaustion and anesthesia, but I will not be posting that on this blog. Shame on him.

Here are the two big sisters meeting Abigail! I cannot get over how cute they are.Even though Cora's eyes look frightening from the flash, I just love this picture because of the look she's giving Abigail. She loved her baby sister - and I could see her maternal personality even then. She wanted to be near Abigail all the time, she wanted to tuck her in, and she wasn't bothered at all when she would cry. She would just sit beside her and rock her in the bouncy seat or keep patting her. She's going to be an awesome mama.

Poor Abigail was always all bundled up because it was SO cold in our house. We thought it was normal for radiator heating until the landlord finally took us seriously and discovered they weren't working properly.
There's Cora again, just sitting beside Abigail. :)

I don't know what mean person in our house did this. :) Notice the suspicious look on Abigail's face. She was planning payback even then.
Cute Houseworth Girls!!!

Here is Abigail all dressed up for a lunch at our friends' house. This was about a month before we left England.

Here is one of my favorite pictures of Shiloh and Abigail. They look cute in blue!
Abigail is three months old in this picture and ready to play! We were visiting Oma and Opa before moving to Ohio.

Here is our Abba-dabba-doodle-ding-dong about a year later, loving on her baby in our house in Ohio. That baby doll was about as big as she was. :)
I love this picture of the girls taken in October of 2003. That's it for tonight on our blasts from the past. I must go to bed! Abigail Emma, we are so thankful for you. Someone asked me shortly after you were born if I had been disappointed to wake up and find out I had another girl. I was completely shocked and I don't think I could speak for a minute. Then I think I spluttered, "NO! Of course not! I have Abigail!" I can't imagine life without you, and I look forward to seeing what interesting observations you have on life every day. You brighten up our lives, you drive us to frustration, and you are a wonderful conversationalist. Please don't ever lose your spunk. Love, Mommy and Daddy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of "awws" going on here as we revisit Abigail's past. What a lovely crop of little ladies. Everyone is so teensy. We hope 8 is a wonderful adventure for our dear Abigail. We love you!
Opa and Oma

Anonymous said...

I remember that event very well. I received the "It's time" phone call and hurried down the street to stay with the girls while you headed to the hospital. Doesn't seem possible that it's been eight years. I love to visit with your family via these photos and posts.
Much love, Laura, Casey & Miranda

Casey said...

Laura! I'm so glad you commented here, because I was afraid I'd lost touch with you! Please email me at daniel95casey@comcast.net and give me your snail mail address - I want to send you our family newsletter.

THANK YOU for being an important part of little Abigail's life story! I look back now and realize how much I must have interrupted your schooling day when we would all "drop by" for visits when we were out walking the neighborhood. :) Thank you for being gracious each and every time. What a good example for me!
Love,
Casey