BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Conversation with Abigail

Perhaps I should call this the quarterly blog? That seems to be the only time I'm posting. I'm totally blaming it on Daniel. :) He's at the computer most nights studying for a French class he's taking, so I can't get on. If that's not a justification for buying a laptop, I don't know what is. :) Of course, I could post on weekends, or during reading-and-rest-time in the afternoons, but that's beside the point that I can't post AT NIGHT when I WANT TO. :)

Anyway, I need to record the following conversation for historical purposes, and I thought it might entertain you as well. I will get back to picture posting. It's just so annoying in Blogger...apparently the easiest way to move pictures around is to revert to html code to cut and paste the pictures. My pictures won't drop and click the way they're supposed to (in theory). Any ideas, bloggers? Besides switching hosts?


So, anyway...Abigail invited me to her room for a tea party. When I arrived (in a hat, as is proper) she had set her toy box with the nice china and placecards. She welcomed me and invited me to sit down. She graciously asked me if I would prefer coffee or tea, biscuits or scones. She informed me that she had made the scones from her grandmother's recipe, and the blackberry jam was also homemade. She did also recommend the biscuits, though, because they had a lot of butter in them. Then the conversation went something like this:


Abigail: "I'm so glad you could come today. I've seen you in church, but we just waved to each other, and I'm glad I can get to know you better." (Wha? My six year-old is making small talk?)

Me: "I'm so glad I could come as well! Thank you for having me."

Abigail: "You're so welcome. Are you married, Mrs. Houseworth?" (apparently, the Mrs. didn't give it away)

Me: "Yes, I am. Daniel and I have been married for fourteen and half years. And you?"

Abigail: "Yes, I'm married. Robert and I have been married for 3 years, but we don't have any children yet."

Me: "Have you been in Virginia long?"

Abigail: (scrunching up her face like she's considering this) "No, only about a year. We love it here, though. We moved from North Carolina."

Me: (as though surprised) "So did we! What part did you come from?"

Abigail: "From Fayetteville, North Carolina. Do you know about it?"

Me: "Know about it? That's where WE moved from! Do you know Pastor Webb from Providence PCA?"

Abigail: "Well, we didn't go to his church, but my husband has heard about him because he listens to his sermons on SermonAudio."

??!?!?! Abigail is one interesting kid.

And, Pastor Webb, I'd take it as high praise indeed that my 6 year-old daughter's imaginary husband listens to you on SermonAudio. Although I don't know why she and her husband didn't actually attend your church while they lived in Fayetteville. Hmm.

I'll let you know more about Abigail as we get to know one another at future tea parties. I'm supposed to host the next one. :)
Have a great Monday!
Casey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet. I need to begin having tea with my children. Beverly conversations aren't nearly as innocent.

Hers go something like... There is a baby in my tummy. When I am bigger it is going to come out. Before it comes out, you have to come and hold my hand. You HAVE to come because I am never getting married and I won't have a husband to hold my hand.

I insert photos with HTML...

When I switched from blogger to wordpress, I was able to import my whole blog with a click of a button. I don't use the insert picture think on wordpress either. I am so used to doing it in HTML it seems easier to me.

Oh, and I still have a blog on blogger. I use it to write about the books I am reading. Most of my readers didn't care.

Tully Family said...

Oh, that was a sweet post! :) Do you still have daily afternoon tea w/ the girls. I need to get back to having a regular tea time!!!

Why is Daniel taking French? I thought he didn't like the French. ;)

Yes, you need a laptop! Actually, you need two so you can be like Eric and I in the evenings... you'll find us both sitting w/ a laptop on the couch. :)