I was on the treadmill this afternoon and the kids were outside rollerblading and scootering (maybe not a word?). Shiloh and Cora rollerbladed to the cul-de-sac up the street and came flying back yelling, "Mommy, we saw a PILEATED WOODPECKER!" :) I didn't know what a pileated woodpecker was until a few months ago; they've got quite a headstart on me. Then Cora turns to go inside, saying, "I think Lewis and Clark would have drawn him. I need to go get my nature journal!" I love those quirky kids.
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay, I just looked up Pileated Woodpecker. I thought I didn't know what they were either. But, I don't think I have ever seen any other kind of woodpecker. I just didn't know they were pileated.
So, could they tell whether it was a male or female?
Julie- the pileated woodpeckers have REALLY fluffy feathers on the top, and they're bigger than regular red-headed woodpeckers, or red-bellied woodpeckers, or hairy woodpeckers, or downy woodpeckers... :) We've been having fun with our bird book! They could NOT tell whether it was a male or female. :)
I'm SO sorry to hear about David and potty-training, or not-so-much potty training. How incredibly frustrating!! We have tile and wood floors on the main floor, so at least if Nathaniel had an accident, it's much easier to clean up! He's nowhere near being ready for training at naptime or nighttime, but he's doing fabulously during the day. I hope David decides he would really like to be consistent with it!
Hang in there-
Casey
Post a Comment