BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Reactivated!

Hello again everyone!

I've missed writing on the blog, but I've certainly enjoyed others' blogs in the time I've been gone! I particularly enjoyed one mom's blog as she chronicled the journey to bring their three kids home from Haiti, and I liked the fact that she has continued writing during the early days of their homecoming. I wanted to remember this time in our lives, but anyone who knows me knows that I have a terrible memory. So I thought that re-starting the blog would be a good way to capture these first weeks as a family of EIGHT. :) Now that the explanation is out of the way, on to the good stuff.



Adah Resilia Houseworth and Nathaniel Erickson Houseworth arrived home on December 7th, 2007. (Okay, technically it was December 8, 2007 since it was 1:30 in the morning!) Adah means "beloved addition" and Nathaniel means "gift of God," and these are the names we chose for them. Adah's birth name is Tania, and Nathaniel's birth name is Erickson. We used Adah's birth mom's name, Resilia, as her middle name when we found out that she had died when Adah was nine months old.


Before I begin the long story of the trip to Haiti to pick them up, let me post a picture first and then catch up later when I have time. I wanted to get this post out as quickly as possible so that everyone could see the new members of the Houseworth family!! This picture was taken in the Atlanta airport before we boarded the last of three flights to come home. After being up since 5:30 that morning, we were boarding at 9:15 p.m. for the flight to Raleigh because Delta caused us to miss our connection in Atlanta (I'm not bitter). We were bone tired, but we were SO HAPPY to be on U.S. soil with the children. More to come...



Love,

Casey

2 comments:

Tully Family said...

Oh, we are so happy for you all and rejoice with you in God's goodness in bringing your children HOME! We will continue to pray for you all- we miss you! Welcome back to the world of blogging. :)
- Heather and family

Beth said...

I've loved reading your story! Your children are beautiful!