BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Hello, all!
I don't have any pictures for this post, and I know that's why many of you drop by, so I'm sorry. :) I'll do better next time.

I just needed to brag on my husband for a minute, because while I was laid up yesterday with something akin to the bubonic plague, he made a hot breakfast for all the kids, got them dressed in their finery, and got them off to church on time. I was told that he wore Nathaniel in the sling during the service, and I'm really sorry no one took a picture. He then got everybody down for a nap when they got home and woke them in time to go to the fellowship dinner before evening service. And he didn't leave anyone behind! He allowed me an entire day of rest, which I really needed. I drank about 5 cups of hot tea (decaf, of course) during the day, and I actually got to drink them while they were still hot. I usually forget about my cups and leave them in the microwave while I tend to some other chore or little person. :)

We also had a breakthrough today with our ...shall we say...stubborn...girl. :) Adah, if you read this at some point in your life, I hope you'll laugh. :) I had told Adah and Abigail that they could go out front to ride their bikes after I finished folding the laundry so that I could be with them. Adah was not happy with this option since she saw that the older girls were already out front. She tried to climb the gate and was corrected for doing so. I saw that she was in a downward spiral toward a good pout. I cheerfully told her that I would be back in a few minutes and that she was welcome to join me inside while she waited. After I finished folding the laundry, I went out back to let them know that they could come out front with me. I asked Adah, "Would you like to come out front to ride your bike?" No response. I asked again and asked her to say "Yes, please." No response. Abigail said, "yes, please," and went ahead. I asked Adah again. No response. I told her I would return in a few minutes to ask again. For forty-five minutes I returned every five minutes to ask her cheerfully if she would like to come join us now. I told her I loved her but that she needed to be polite and respond to Mama (don't worry - she totally understood what I was saying because I was using a combination of Kreyol and English). She sat by herself, she pouted dramatically, then pouted even more dramatically by the door when she realized no one was paying attention. She cried a few crocodile tears until I told her, "Oh, stop." Finally, after forty-five minutes, when I returned to ask her, she said, "Yes, please." And we had ourselves a little party right there. She joined us out front for bike riding, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, and snacks. I hope she soon realizes that the benefits of listening to Mama far outweigh the drawbacks of continuing to pout! She was also told this evening that she would not receive chocolate after dinner if she didn't eat her broccoli, and when she realized that we meant what we said, she pulled her plate back to her and ate the previously rejected broccoli. We're not above a little bribery, people. It's all the interest of good health, you understand (it was dark chocolate - good antioxidants :) ).

Well, my family is assembling for devotions, and I'm being a slug on the computer while my husband brushes everyone's teeth. I REALLY hate that job when he's deployed. :)

Love to all and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
Casey

1 comments:

Tully Family said...

Eric and I had a few laughs over this post. :) Eric says that he would love to see a picture of Daniel in a sling and totally understands Adah's dislike of broccoli. He hates it and I LOVE it!

Can I brag on my wonderful hubby? Due to really, really bad back pain & swollen legs, I was unable to go to church for four weeks prior to Elizabeth's arrival. He has been taking all of the children to church and he never lost one either. :) Eric spent the last 2 and 1/2 weeks caring for us all while I recovered from labor. What a GREAT guy! We sure are blessed by our Lord to have such wonderful husbands.

- Heather