BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 01, 2006

A Not-So-Brief Update

We have not officially sold the house, but we have entered the government buy-out program, and Prudential Relocation Services apparently bought the house from us for $10.00. Now THAT'S a good deal. :) They will consider any offers we receive, and if we don't receive any, they will give us an offer based on two appraisals we had yesterday and today. We'll receive a check for 75% of the equity at that time, and the remainder of the money upon closing about June 30th. We'll also receive a letter to our lender assuring them that we can go ahead and put an offer on a house in NC because the sale is a "done deal" in the government program. Hooray for that! We might have an offer this evening (the buyers are supposed to sign the paperwork today) but it's Prudential's decision to accept it or not. We'll wait and see!

Meanwhile, we're packing out on the 8th, picking up on the 9th, and leaving on the 12th. If you haven't checked your calendar, that's NEXT WEEK!!! Wow. I can't believe it. I need to organize homeschooling stuff this weekend, and we need to make lots of lists. Other than that, we're relaxing and spending as much time as we can with friends and with each other at the pool.

By the way, I attended my first ever homeschool convention last weekend, and here's what I learned:

1. There are way fewer people wearing denim jumpers than I thought. I was a little disappointed.

2. Those pull-along carts are not for dorks, as I first thought - you really need them when you go into the vendor area and buy everything in sight.

3. Don't go into the vendor area if you want to have enough money to feed your family the next week.

4. Homeschooling families tend to have a lot of children. (*disclaimer* I know this is not always the case; it just seemed like there were ten thousand children there, which was okay, because they were not my children and I had no responsibility for them.)

5. The tapes of the sessions come in handy when you elect to skip sessions to lie around the pool. Lest you hurl insults at me like "you homeschooling slug," just know that I already know that. And three hours at the pool by myself is worth it.

6. Homeschool veterans are VERY wise, knowledgeable, and usually funny. They are a great resource.

So that's what I learned at the homeschooling convention. I had a WONDERFUL time of refreshment, encouragement, and relaxation. The hot tub helped with the last one, I think. :) I'm flying down to Florida for this homeschool convention next year. Florida's convention is supposed to be the swankiest, and I just can't come down from "lap of luxury" to "just ordinary" for my homeschool convention experience.

Oh, one more thing... I saw a T-shirt at the convention that said, "I'm not talking to myself. I'm having a parent-teacher conference." :) I like that.

Hope ya'll are doing well!
Love,
Casey

2 comments:

Tully Family said...

The convention sounded cool- let me know if you want a friend to join you at the pool next year. :) We will be praying for you during this busy time of moving. We still need to sell our home. Ugh.

Heather

Tully Family said...

Oh, I want that t-shirt. That is almost as good as the "super power" t-shirt.

Heather