BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Moving Day

Well, we are packing out tomorrow, so tomorrow night will be spent at a hotel here in town. The kids are excited about that, and I am, too - I love hotels. We'll stay there Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday night. And Monday morning it's off to North Carolina! Actually, we'll stay in Savannah that night. So we still have a ways to go before we get to our new temporary home. We've reserved a room at an extended stay hotel that has two rooms and a kitchen. Right now I don't really care about the lack of space; I'll just be glad not to clean for awhile! Keeping a house clean for showing was a pain. :)

Getting ready for this move has been a good thing. We have been donating or throwing things away left and right, and I like that organized, uncluttered feeling. Our version of spring cleaning is to move. It's not a system that would work for everyone, but apparently it works pretty well for us.

We're all well here, which is amazing considering the chaos of the household. Usually we have immune systems crashing, but I'm praying that we all make it through this move with not even a sniffle.

Daniel and I celebrated ELEVEN years of wedded bliss yesterday. :) It's so hard to believe that we've been married for eleven years and that we've known each other for fifteen. God has been so gracious to us to preserve us through those ...um...difficult...early years. :) We give Him all the glory, and we celebrate the fact that we are stronger now than we've ever been. May the Lord grant us MANY more years with one another. I'm eager to see how He changes us and where He brings us! It's all good with Daniel as my partner in life. Okay, enough with the mushy stuff. :)

Well, goodbye warm, sunny Florida. Goodbye, sandals all year round. Goodbye, lanai where I can sip my coffee on December mornings. Goodbye, pool water that is ninety degrees.

And back to reality...goodbye, hurricanes that can wipe us off the map! Goodbye, "love bugs" that smash against my windshield by the thousands in May. Goodbye, houses in cloned neighborhoods where the building is out of control. And goodbye, snakes in my hose box! :) I won't miss certain things, but I sure will miss being warm all the time. I REALLY hate being cold. :)

I'll try to post when we arrive safely in North Carolina.
Love to all-
Casey

2 comments:

Tully Family said...

I know you can't even read this right now because you are in a hotel (hopefully enjoying the swimming pool!) but you all are in our thoughts and prayers. We are glad that you will be closer, though we had wanted to visit you in sunny FL! Oh, well. You can come to Atlanta in the winter. I'm like you- I really do not like being cold!
- Heather

ange said...

I hope you are all well and having a great time in the hotel! Be joyful today because there will be boxes to unpack later, lots of work but many good memories for your family!
blessings
ange