
So I know it's more than a week since Valentine's Day, but I wanted to show you a picture of the lovely flowers that my dear husband ordered for all the ladies in the house all the way from Iraq. We had problems getting all four of them due to some miscommunication between USAA and Teleflora. Poor Cora and Abigail had no flowers for almost a week. The flowers also came in the same teacup, but Cora and I have arranged a deal where I will switch with her. The roses in the last two actually smell good, so we've been enjoying them.
Funny Abigail story unrelated to flowers...
She often asks questions where the answers are glaringly obvious or she has just asked the same question two minutes earlier. She will also ask questions that she knows are silly just to laugh when I make an exasperated noise. One day I told her that I would start giving silly answers to her questions. So two days ago as we're riding along in the van, she asks what I would qualify as a silly question. (I know, I know, for you better parents out there, there's no such thing as a silly question, but then again, you might not have met Abigail.) I was about to respond when she said, "I know, I know, green beans on my head." I said, "WHAT?" She said, "Well, that's silly, isn't it? Green beans on my head? That's a silly answer, Mommy." So now the standard answer for silly questions is "Green beans on my head." You might try that one on your kids and see the looks you get.
Also unrelated to flowers...
As I was chatting with the other moms after homeschool co-op yesterday, I heard the dreaded scream that no mom wants to hear: "MOM!!! COME QUICK!!" I know that this is no time to correct their grammar, so I go rushing to see what has happened. There is Shiloh, with blood dripping from her mouth, down her chin, and into her cupped hands underneath. Then Cora says, "Don't touch her!! She's bleeding!!!" Hmm...I'm not sure she would make a very good nurse or EMT. Anyway, I whisk Shiloh off to the nursery where I can wipe her down and see the extent of the damage. I also discover that her leg is scraped from hip to foot, and she has a very bloody knee. She bravely submits to my first aid, and we start to leave the parking lot. I ask her if she's okay to run the errands that we had planned for the day, and she says, "yes," but all at once she starts to bawl saying, "I NEED DADDY!" If there's ever a time when a mommy feels helpless, this was it. I just stopped the van, got in the back, and hugged her. Daniel, I know you already know what happened, but if ever you feel that you are not missed around here, remember this story. You are very much missed, especially by the mommy who knows that sometimes a girl just needs her daddy.
p.s. I thought about getting a picture of her two fat lips, but then I thought that social services might pay a call if I posted that, so I'll refrain. :)
Friday, February 24, 2006
Beautiful flowers
Posted by Casey at 3:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Daniel, the flowers are beautiful... and from a man that doesn't even celebrate Valentine's day! :) Shiloh, we are all praying you heal quickly! How did it happen? Abigail is just like our Benjamin!
- Heather
Sorry I forgot to put details about the fall! :) The kids were running around outside the church after co-op, and Shiloh prides herself on never being caught by any of them. Anyway, I think her new sandals caused her to stumble, and she fell onto the driveway that runs right by the church. Cora was quite protective, saying that "one of the boys made her fall!" but Shiloh insisted that she just tripped. She's okay today except for all the gross healing boo-boos.
Post a Comment