We decided to open our gifts and stocking Christmas Eve (it's European, you know) so that we could focus on the Lord's Day the next day. "We" decided to wait until it was dark, so that the lights would be pretty and the anticipation would build...whatever. By 2:00, I couldn't wait any longer. :) We woke Nathaniel up from a rest-time, put on Daniel's Italian Christmas CD, and plunged in. The only picture I have of the chaos is Abigail holding Calvin on her lap while she opened her present to him - a rubber ball. :) He loves to bat balls in mid-air when you bounce them on the floor. Anyway, the highlight of the afternoon was the German gifts Daniel picked up on his last trip - Nutcracker ornaments for the boys, pyramid ornaments for the girls, German chocolate with nuts for me that he kept in the freezer at work, and beautiful purple dirndls for the older girls (pictures to come, I promise!). I also loved the lavender laundry soap my mom got me (thanks, Mom - I've used it, and I love it!) and my new running mittens Daniel got me. The girls all got one of these books: http://www.graceandtruthbooks.com/category/chosen-daughters and Cora's already read hers. :) Jackson got this: http://www.amazon.com/Princes-Poison-Cup-R-Sproul/dp/1567691048; he already has The Lightlings and The King Without a Shadow. Nathaniel got this: http://www.amazon.com/Sammy-His-Shepherd-Susan-Hunt/dp/1567691099/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1325108846&sr=1-1 and I'll enjoy reading it to him. We've also been having fun playing our new Professon Noggin games and Blokus. I got the girls some new yarn for knitting projects, and now I want to take up knitting. :) I had such fun picking out yarn. Oh, and both the boys and younger girls received LOTS of legos. I love the creativity of legos! It was a wonderful day, and we ended by watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, of course.
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Christmas Cheer
Posted by Casey at 4:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment