BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Big Boy Nathaniel

Cora decided to try teaching Nathaniel how to ride a bike without training wheels yesterday (she loves a good project). And I thought, "Why not let him skip straight to the two wheels when someone else is doing the pushing and holding and bending down?" :) By the end of the session, Nathaniel nearly had it. He does anticipate the fall, though, so he makes it come down on purpose. (They're in the grass, so he's not highly motivated to stay upright). I may soon have SIX riders in the family. That would be awesome for walks in the neighborhood.

Shiloh's track practice went well last night. The coach timed the races they thought they'd like to run in the meet, so that when I enter her, I can have some approximate times for heats. She decided to run the 200 last night just to round out the field, but she regretted it when it came time for the 800. :) The other kiddos had a blast as well, rollerskating on the track, jumping rope on the infield, practicing the long jump (BONUS! SAND!), kicking the soccer ball in the infield, practicing baseball, and making new friends. Although the practice makes for a late Friday night, it's a nice way to spend a Friday night.

And now we're off to an Easter egg hunt at Daniel's work on this lovely morning. We don't actually celebrate Easter per se (we celebrate the resurrection every Sunday, not a specific day of the year) but this is all about the hunt and the candy, of course. After the egg hunt, we'll bring lunch to the people hard at work painting the space for our new church. It should be lovely! I thought I'd like to help paint, but that's a little difficult with six people tagging along who might or might not be helpful (might not in actuality).

Cora is doing really well. She has her sad moments, but we are thankful for everyone's love and support. Our vet even sent us a card. :) Being able to get outside in the spring weather has helped tremendously to take her mind off of Cuddles, and a sweet friend is taking her to the movies today as well.

Well, I better go have another cup of coffee to prepare for the day ahead. I got a french press coffeemaker with a birthday gift certificate (thanks, Paula!!) and I am loving the coffee in the morning.

Go enjoy your Saturday, everyone! Enjoy SPRING!

0 comments: