I don't know what to say after so long an absence. There really isn't a reason for it, except lack of motivation and reading fiction. Have I told you that I forget about life if I read fiction? Plus, I've been taking a nap pretty much every afternoon, so that cuts out 1 hour of productive time right there (although I would argue that a nap IS productive time).
Anyhoo, we're back, but only briefly, since tomorrow we're going on break again. I WILL be back after that with all the summer doings, settling-in news, and latest pictures. I just wanted to let you know we were still alive. I'll leave you with a family picture my mother-in-law took when she was here for a visit last week. Check out the boys' mohawks and the way Adah is holding her dress out so delicately. She does like to pose. :)
Love,
Casey

p.s. Who else agrees with me that we need some color on these walls? Anyone want to come help paint, since the fence took up all our painting money?
3 comments:
Our house was built by the e Carpentry Program at our local technical college. The man who purchased it and moved it to this site won 2 auctions. His plan was to buy one cheap house and fix it up and make a mint. His plan was thwarted by bad bidding. Anyway, he had a certain number of days to get both houses off the premise. He bought 2 lots, had 2 foundations built, etc... and then sold the houses without fixing them up.
When we moved in there wasn't even primer on the walls. There weren't mirrors in the bathroom. There wasn't floor molding. I had so much fun adding color to everything. If I had to paint anyway, I wasn't painting white.
The kids weren't home then. I don' know how I would have managed with little ones around.
I love your family photo... thanks for touching base! I think a nap every day sounds wonderful. I have been exhausted. Marissa is placed out of home (should be home this week) and I have been driving to see her and participate in counseling twice a week.
Yes- you need to paint! (I love color.) Our rental home is almost 100% white... either that, or very ugly wallpaper. I mean really ugly. Oh. well.
Love Nathaniel's bowtie!
paint, yes definatly need lots of color, now if you come over and bring your kiddos to watch mine, we can paint my house and then i will come over and we can paint yours.!!! call me soon, or I will try you, I think I have your current number. Our VOIP works again!
Post a Comment