BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hi Y'all!

This is a big THANK YOU to my Aunt Babs, who sent the girls these adorable socks for Valentine's Day. They were thrilled with them, and they promptly put them on OVER their tights (ever the fashion-forward girls) for the rest of the day.


This has been Adah's hair-do for the last two weeks. I can BARELY put it up into two puffballs, but they are adorable. She likes them because we can change ribbons or barrettes to match the outfit. She's a pro at smiling for the camera even when the camera isn't even on her face. :)



The rest of the pics are from our wonderful neighbor's Valentine's Day party. Obviously, I'm not the best photographer, and the kids were too busy playing to pose for me. These aren't the "organized" shots where we were doing Kindermusik activities, making adorable crafts, or eating chocolate cupcakes and chocolate chip cookies. The kids had a wonderful time, and I met another homeschooling mom in the neighborhood (too bad we're moving!!). Do you see the baby slings that Cora and Shiloh are wearing? Aren't they cute? My friend Kelly made me one for Nathaniel and then decided to make Abigail and Shiloh miniature versions for their birthdays. Cora borrowed Abigail's for her doll Susanna. (Or, as Cora still calls her four years later, "Zuzanna")
































So here's something strange. Apparently the word out there is that we're the parents of SIX children. Yep, I had one of "those" moments today. I was just thinking about nothing in particular when: Wait a minute! I have six children? How did THAT happen? (Okay, obviously, folks, I know HOW it happened - these were rhetorical questions to myself). Then I told myself to get a grip before the kids started noticing that I was acting weird. And then I smiled because it's just been a great day to be a mom to all these wonderful kids. Sure, Nathaniel threw a temper tantrum at lunch, Jackson spilled an entire cup of water that he was trying to prepare for his brother, Abigail and Adah continued their ongoing Chutes and Ladders feud and took it to new heights with Uno, and Shiloh got a little emotional during Latin (Latin?? How in the world does that make you emotional? I can understand math, but Latin?), but even WITH all that...it's a good day. They're all here, they're all healthy, they're all happy, and life is good. We are seriously, abundantly blessed. And apparently Cora is my favorite child today since I couldn't think of an example of evildoing for her, but wait...there's a funny story coming...
Cora had a spelling test today and after she wrote her second word, I told her that the words needed to be in cursive. So she went back to erase the other words, concentrated on getting the cursive correct and was preparing to write her third word when she looked up and said, "So, does it matter if the words are spelled correctly?" Um, yeah. It's a spelling test, sweetie. She's not naturally blonde, but she sure does act like it sometimes.

And the BEST PIECE OF NEWS FOR LAST! We got Adah's and Nathaniel's readoption paperwork in the mail the other day! They are officially Adah Resilia Houseworth and Nathaniel Erickson Houseworth, U.S. citizens. They will be issued North Carolina birth certificates, although the birth certificates will say they were born overseas (it sure is easier to have those than to try to track down Haitian birth certificates when they need them in the future!). We are DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE with the mountain of paperwork that has plagued our very lives since August of 2005. We have been encouraged to get Certificates of Citizenship for them, but since those are a whopping $420 per child, we're waiting until we have their social security cards and then we'll just get their passports. Much easier and less expensive.

Well, I'm going to prepare our schooling for tomorrow. We're pretty strict around here, what with actually expecting the kids to spell things correctly for their spelling tests, so I better stay on top of things.

Love,
Casey

4 comments:

ange said...

Hey Casey, I am in need of help for getting a VISA appt. can you help me out?
ange
angeschneid@hotmail.com

Tully Family said...

Praise the Lord for bringing the adoption process to a close! I can't wait to tell the family! (They are all sleeping... well, everyone but Elizabeth Adah and I. I would like to sleep but a certain little lady always has other plans for Sunday afternoons. Good thing she is so cute!)

The story about Corah is TOO FUNNY! :) Tell her Mrs. Tully doesn't like spelling either. But I do like handwriting.

I tried to call on Saturday but got a fax machine. :) Can you email me your phone number & address? I have pictures in an envelope waiting to be sent to you all!

How is the house selling going?
Heather

Mary said...

I finally got on your blog! I love your posts. :) Congratulations on reaching the end of the paperwork... Are you ready to start again? Hehehe...

The Haiti Lady said...

That is wonderful! The kids look wonderful. I have not seen them since they came home, but saw them several times while they were still in Haiti....absolutley adorable!
Love ya,
LeAnne The Haiti Lady